Business Intelligence and Analytics
You will be a professional trained to make decisions based on data analytics, statistical and quantitative analysis, exploratory and predictive models and information systems, aimed at identifying, evaluating and capturing opportunities derived from the information they create value for the organization, combined with the instruments of economic and business analysis, to provide a better understanding and perspective of the problems and management of businesses and organizations in the new digital age.
Why Business Intelligence and Analytics?
In the Central American and Caribbean region, according to the World Economic Forum (WEF) report, “in 2020 more than a third of the basic skills of most jobs will consist of skills that today day are not considered crucial ”. By 2020, according to this report, newly created jobs can be classified into two large groups: on the one hand, data analysts, who help companies make better decisions; and on the other, specialized sales representatives, since all companies will need to reinforce the perception of their brand value and their ability to communicate what they do to their customers.
Where can you start when you graduate?
- Social security
- Banking and finances
- Defense and Security
- Citizen security
- Travel services
How can you work?
- Banking and finances.
- BI consulting.
- Electronic commerce
- Research centers.
- Public institutions.
- It uses in a combined way the mathematical, statistical and programming fundamentals to develop solutions to problems in the field of Business Intelligence (BI).
- Critically evaluate business problems and alternatives related to data, information, statistical and analytical models.
- He exercises his professional activity in accordance with the ethical code and legal aspects within the framework of privacy and data security.
- Plans and manages IT projects, services and systems in the field of business intelligence.
- Design an experimental framework considering the most appropriate methods for data capture, processing, storage, analysis, and visualization.
- It understands the nature of business analytics and its essential concepts and tools (statistical and quantitative analysis, exploratory and predictive models and information systems), aimed at identifying, evaluating and capturing opportunities derived from the information that create value for the organization.
- Applies the management support tools for external and internal strategic analysis aimed at planning the company's strategy in a digitized and global environment.
- Generates the business strategy from the information obtained in Big Data projects.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTECAs an INTEC student you will find a stimulating environment for learning, where you will have the necessary resources to facilitate the understanding of concepts and put your ideas to the test. In addition, you will have the support and accompaniment of a teaching body with specialized studies from various universities in the world and in the main areas of the career, and with a great accumulated work experience in implementing projects in national and international companies. By entering INTEC you will begin your path to achieve comprehensive preparation, enhancing your skills, values and attitudes for success as a professional and obtaining solid knowledge that will allow you to master emerging technologies.
Exchange programsThrough the Institutional Mobility program, you can take specialized courses of your career for one or two quarters in one of the universities with which we have agreements in 4 continents.