Chemical Engineering is a profession that includes the application of technology, mathematics, physics, biology and chemistry. So their functions are developed on the basis of knowledge provided by these sciences, and by other branches of Engineering.
That said, the practice of Chemical Engineering consists of the conception, development, design, innovation and application of processes and their products; it is also concerned with the economic development, design, operation, and control of chemical plants for these processes, research and teaching in those fields.
Why Chemical Engineering?
Engineers and scientists are required to manage competencies to manage complex design systems, coordinate multidisciplinary teams for various projects, as well as analyze and optimize designs of existing industrial processes.
That said, the Chemical Engineer is able to combine knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, biology, life sciences, environmental pollution, heat and mass transfer, as well as the balance of matter and energy. In order to design, develop, build, operate, improve and discover industrial processes that involve changes in the chemical composition, physical nature or energy content of materials. They are also involved in environmental issues, such as the prevention and sustainability of pollution, as well as care in the production of food for mass consumption, medicines and everyday products.
Where can you start?
- Pharmaceutical laboratories
- Medical device industry
- Food industry
- Textile Companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Environmental management companies
What can you do?
- Management of environmental projects
- Quality engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Safety and Occupational Hygiene Engineer
- Sterilization Engineer
- Production manager
- Integrates and applies knowledge of mathematical sciences, computing and engineering, applying his creative thinking to the development, evaluation and implementation of industrial processes to make more efficient the use of economic, human, technological, energy and material resources in the productive sector.
- Designs and conducts experiments, as well as analyzes and interprets data, in order to generate products with added value in the productive sector and services, with care for the environment and for the benefit of society.
- It uses the main areas of knowledge for the analysis of changes in the chemical composition, the physical nature or the energy content of the materials. And in this way, it is able to efficiently use matter and energy with special care of the environment, contributing to the sustainable development of society.
- It deeply understands industrial processes. In such a way that they can be consultants in these areas.
- Coordinates and participates in teams and multidisciplinary projects to offer solutions, develop research and innovations for the field of Chemical Engineering at national and international level.
- Ensure effective communication in different contexts.
- Participates in learning activities and permanent updating to continue their professional development, through training in work and academic contexts, thus achieving to be at the forefront of technological and social changes.
- Understand the repercussions of the solutions and the practice of Chemical Engineering in the local and global context.
- It includes professional and ethical responsibility in social, labor and environmental contexts.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTEC
- Its teaching system is quarterly which allows you to graduate in less time than in any other university in the Dominican Republic.
- Careers have a modular structure that allow students and teachers of different careers to work interdisciplinary projects.
- INTEC prepares you to insert yourself in an increasingly competitive and demanding professional world. With the accompaniment of teachers committed to excellence and innovation in their learning and teaching methodologies.
- You will discover new careers and approaches and apply your knowledge in more than 50 laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- You will learn to be more independent and develop your interests in different fields taking advantage of our offer of artistic, sports and cultural activities.
Internationalisation"INTEC / WMU: 2 + 2" is a modality of studies where the option of annual income to this program is offered every August (1). Students admitted to the programs included in the "2 + 2" will have an automatic provisional admission in WMU. During their training cycle at INTEC, they will receive the necessary advice and follow-up to comply with the requirements demanded by said university. Upon successful completion of the first two years, they will automatically enter the chosen career at the foreign university. The academic degree will be issued by Western Michigan University and by INTEC, thus obtaining a double degree.
(1) Students who enter in August will be assured to take 2 years in INTEC, and 2 years in WMU. However, students who enter the institution outside of this date are not guaranteed this period of stay, it varies according to the terms of the foreign university.