Architectural Engineering is a profession that includes the application of mathematics, science, engineering, humanities, social sciences and architectural engineering design. At the time when professionals are exposed to theory and practice, as well as practical laboratory work.
That said, their knowledge is applied in order to analyze and design physical objects, such as buildings, bridges, equipment supports, towers and walls. It also predicts the energy consumption of buildings and verifies compliance with energy efficiency objectives and rating schemes. Managing a multidisciplinary design and construction team.
Finally, the program covers subjects from different disciplines, such as Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Architectural (as) engineers apply scientific and engineering principles in the design and construction of buildings. Emphasizes the aspects of design engineering of the building and the construction process, favoring an integral vision of the structure.
Why Architectural Engineering?
Engineers are required who have the skills and knowledge to apply the principles of engineering and technology to the design, construction and management of the building. Changes in building regulations, globally, require buildings with greater energy efficiency, so there is a high demand for professionals with the skills and knowledge to contribute and lead the teams involved with the low carbon buildings of the future.
Finally, it is important to note that the Architectural Engineer not only seeks solutions for the contribution to the environment under the creation and design of buildings, but also ensures that these buildings have comfortable and usable interior environments.
Where can you start?
- Ministries of Environment and/or Sustainable Development
- Civil works projects
- Construction companies
- Real estate developers
- Engineering Offices
- Public dependencies (Secretariat of Communications and Transportation, Public Works, Transportation)
- Environmental Directions of Sectoral Institutions
- Local Environmental Managers
What can you do?
- Conceive, project and design structures of civil, hydraulic, sanitary, road and building works with strict respect for Engineering standards and the environment.
- Coordinate and manage projects, having criteria to search, obtain and assimilate correctly consultancies of specialists in the different branches of engineering and other areas related to the construction business.
- Environmental Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Hydraulic engineer
- Project manager
- Construction manager
- Engineer in communication channels
- Transport engineer
- Materials engineer
- Urban glider
Architectural engineers are leaders in the application of engineering principles to improve and maintain the environment in order to protect human health and the beneficial ecosystems of nature. They spend most of their time in the offices consulting with clients and collaborating with other engineers and architects. However, they visit construction sites to verify the progress of the projects. These engineers can be seen working in different geographical locations according to the location of the construction project. For any of the previous systems, the particular industry or market in which the Architectural Engineer works is highly variable, being able to work in organizations as diverse as banking, educational, services, industrial, etc .; attending to its integral formation and the degree of specialization in the tasks that it executes in its organization.
- Interpret and apply legislation and regulations, as well as the appropriation of management tools, tools and technologies to propose environmentally sustainable integral alternatives.
- Coordinates and participates in teams and multidisciplinary projects to offer solutions, develop research and innovations for the field of Architectural Engineering national and international level.
- Ensures communication effectively in different contexts.
- Participates in learning activities and permanent updating to continue their professional development, through training in work and academic contexts, thus achieving to be at the forefront of technological and social changes.
- Understand the repercussions of the solutions and the practice of Environmental Engineering in the local and global context.
- It includes professional and ethical responsibility in social, labor and environmental contexts.
- Participate in legal and / or financial consulting regarding construction planning, relevant processes, equipment, and other matters.
- It focuses on specific problems, such as the ability of structures to withstand the stresses exerted by hurricanes, snow or earthquakes.
- Lead or participate in sustainability projects, in different roles and levels.
- He carries out high-level management positions or starts his own company through the implementation of external consultancies, due to the integral training in values and areas of quality, leadership and entrepreneurial development that he receives during the career.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTEC
- Its teaching system is quarterly which allows you to graduate in less time than in any other university in the Dominican Republic.
- Careers have a modular structure that allow students and teachers of different careers to work interdisciplinary projects.
- INTEC prepares you to insert yourself in an increasingly competitive and demanding professional world. With the accompaniment of teachers committed to excellence and innovation in their learning and teaching methodologies.
- You will discover new careers and approaches and apply your knowledge in more than 50 laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- You will learn to be more independent and develop your interests in different fields taking advantage of our offer of artistic, sports and cultural activities.
Internationalisation"INTEC / UM: 2 + 2" is a study modality where the option of annual income to this program is offered every August (1). Students admitted to the programs included in the "2 + 2" will have an automatic provisional admission in UM. During their training cycle at INTEC, they will receive the necessary advice and follow-up to comply with the requirements demanded by said university. Upon successful completion of the first two years, they will automatically enter the chosen career at the foreign university. The academic degree will be issued by The University of Miami and by INTEC, thus obtaining a double degree.
Notes: (1) Students entering in August will be assured to take 2 years in INTEC, and 2 years in UM. However, students who enter the institution outside of this date are not guaranteed this period of stay, it varies according to the terms of the foreign university.