Environmental Engineering is a profession that includes the application of technology, Basic Sciences oriented to the environment and its relationship with production processes, and economics. All this together with knowledge related to the social field and environmental pollution.
It seeks to understand the impact of decisions on natural and artificial systems. That said, it has activities and research oriented to the real world in fields such as air pollution, water quality, soil moisture assessment, plant health, the acceleration of climate change and the destruction of ecosystems.
Why Environmental Engineering?
Engineers and scientists are required to understand the impact of solutions and decisions on built and natural systems, thus achieving a sustainable planet. Where human activity does not increasingly disturb the fragile environment, as resources are depleted and ecosystems are destroyed, which directly impacts climate change.
Finally, it is important to note that the Environmental Engineer not only seeks solutions in relation to the protection of the environment, but also seeks to improve existing processes for the best use of resources and protection of society.
Where can you start?
- Manufacturing industry
- Ministries of Environment and/or Sustainable Development
- Regional Autonomous Corporations
- Procurator's offices
- Environmental Directions of Sectoral Institutions
- Local Environmental Managers
What can you do?
- Management of environmental projects
- Quality engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Safety and Occupational Hygiene Engineer
- Analyze, propose and propose practical and creative solutions aimed at prevention, mitigation, compensation, and recovery for environmental impacts caused by human-made actions, through the application of remote sensing or remote sensing to collect relevant information.
- Interpret and apply legislation and regulations, as well as the appropriation of management tools, tools and technologies to propose environmentally sustainable integral alternatives.
- It deeply understands environmental concepts related to pollution, risk, control, quality, safety, among others. In such a way that they can be consultants in these areas.
- Coordinates and participates in teams and multidisciplinary projects to offer solutions, develop research and innovations for the field of Environmental Engineering at the national and international level.
- Ensure effective communication in different contexts.
- Participates in learning activities and permanent updating to continue their professional development, through training in work and academic contexts, thus achieving to be at the forefront of technological and social changes.
- Understand the repercussions of the solutions and the practice of Environmental Engineering in the local and global context.
- It includes professional and ethical responsibility in social, labor and environmental contexts.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTEC
- Its teaching system is quarterly which allows you to graduate in less time than in any other university in the Dominican Republic.
- Careers have a modular structure that allow students and teachers of different careers to work interdisciplinary projects.
- INTEC prepares you to become part of a professional world that is increasingly competitive and demanding. With the help of compromised lecturers committed to excellence and innovation in learning and teaching methodologies.
- You will discover new careers and approaches and apply your knowledge in more than 50 laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- You will learn to be more independent and develop your interests in different fields taking advantage of our offer of artistic, sports and cultural activities.
Internationalisation"INTEC / CCNY: 2 + 2" is a study modality where the option of annual income to this program is offered every August (1). Students admitted to the programs included in the "2 + 2" will have an automatic provisional admission in CCNY. During their training cycle at INTEC, they will receive the necessary advice and follow-up to comply with the requirements demanded by said university. Upon successful completion of the first two years, they will automatically enter the chosen career at the foreign university. The academic degree will be issued by City College of New York and by INTEC, thus obtaining a double degree.
Notes: (1) Students entering in August will be assured to take 2 years in INTEC, and 2 years in CCNY. However, students who enter the institution outside of this date are not guaranteed this period of stay, it varies according to the terms of the foreign university.