Environmental Engineering is a profession that includes the application of technology, Basic Sciences oriented to the environment and its relationship with production processes, and economics. All this together with knowledge related to the social field and environmental pollution.
That said, their knowledge is applied in order to promote sustainable development. As well as improvements or adoption of technological solutions for the protection of the environment, both own and of third parties, and manage environmental projects in various areas. In the same way, they have agricultural, aquaculture, energy, forestry, mining, fishing, transport, and hydrocarbon management skills, among others.
Students who enter the degree program in Environmental Engineering can choose between two options of curricula: Environmental Systems Engineering (ENVSE) or Engineering Safety and Environmental Health (EHSE).
The ENVSE option focuses on the impact of industrial activities on the environment and the choice of profitable remediation strategies. The EHSE option has to do with the safe and healthy design of industrial systems so that workers are protected from the potentially high risk risks associated with today's industries. Both options follow a program of similar courses in the first two years of study. Specialization in either ENVSE or EHSE is then achieved through the successful completion of additional courses in one of the two option zones.
Why Environmental Engineering?
Engineers and scientists are required to understand the impact of solutions and decisions on built and natural systems, thus achieving a sustainable planet. Where human activity does not increasingly disturb the fragile environment, as resources are depleted and ecosystems are destroyed, which directly impacts climate change.
Finally, it is important to note that the Environmental Engineer not only seeks solutions in relation to the protection of the environment, but also seeks to improve existing processes for the best use of resources and protection of society.
Where can you start?
- Manufacturing industry
- Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development
- Regional Autonomous Corporations
- Procurator's offices
- Environmental Directions of Sectoral Institutions
- Local Environmental Managers
What can you do?
- Management of environmental projects
- Quality engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Safety and Occupational Hygiene Engineer
- Analyze, propose and propose practical and creative solutions aimed at prevention, mitigation, compensation, and recovery for environmental impacts caused by human-made actions, through the application of remote sensing or remote sensing to collect relevant information.
- Interpret and apply legislation and regulations, as well as the appropriation of management tools, tools and technologies to propose environmentally sustainable integral alternatives.
- It deeply understands environmental concepts related to pollution, risk, control, quality, safety, among others. In such a way that they can be consultants in these areas.
- Coordinates and participates in teams and multidisciplinary projects to offer solutions, develop research and innovations for the field of Environmental Engineering at the national and international level.
- Ensure effective communication in different contexts.
- Participates in learning activities and permanent updating to continue their professional development, through training in work and academic contexts, thus achieving to be at the forefront of technological and social changes.
- Understand the repercussions of the solutions and the practice of Environmental Engineering in the local and global context.
- It includes professional and ethical responsibility in social, labor and environmental contexts.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTEC
- Its teaching system is quarterly which allows you to graduate in less time than in any other university in the Dominican Republic.
- Careers have a modular structure that allow students and teachers of different careers to work interdisciplinary projects.
- INTEC prepares you to insert yourself in an increasingly competitive and demanding professional world. With the accompaniment of teachers committed to excellence and innovation in their learning and teaching methodologies.
- You will discover new careers and approaches and apply your knowledge in more than 50 laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- You will learn to be more independent and develop your interests in different fields taking advantage of our offer of artistic, sports and cultural activities.
Internationalisation"INTEC / PSU: 2 + 2" starts from August of 2009, with the option of annual admission to this program every August (1). Students admitted to the programs included in the `` 2 + 2 '' will have an automatic provisional admission to PSU. During their training cycle at INTEC, they will receive the advice and follow-up necessary to comply with the requirements demanded by said university. Upon successful completion of the first two years, they will automatically enter the chosen career. The academic degree will be issued by Penn State University and the Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo (INTEC)
Notes: (1) Students who enter in August will be assured to take 2 years in INTEC and 2 years in PSU. However, students who enter the institution outside of this date are not guaranteed this period of stay; it will vary according to the terms of the foreign university.