Engineering Science is a profession that involves the application of different scientific principles and the associated mathematics that underlie engineering. It integrates engineering, biological, chemical, mathematical and physical sciences with the arts, humanities, social sciences and professions to face the most demanding challenges and promote the well-being of the global society.
That said, engineering is applied in order to merge multidisciplinary resources to propose and develop innovative and lasting solutions, and transform the latest scientific discoveries to allow new technologies. Engineering scientists research, develop and design new materials, devices, sensors and processes for a wide range of applications.
In the third year of the course, students take general subjects of various engineering professions in order to merge their multidisciplinary resources. While, in the fourth year, they concentrate on an area of interest, in order to propose and develop innovative and lasting solutions, to transform the latest scientific discoveries, giving way to new technologies.
Why Engineering Sciences?
Finally, it is important to note that the graduate of Engineering Sciences not only seeks solutions in relation to new products in the market, but also seeks to improve existing processes for the optimal use of resources, applying their knowledge of materials, mathematics, physics and scientific principles acquired during the development of his career.
Where can you start?
- Industries manufacturing sensors and electronic equipment
- Ministries of Environment and/or Sustainable Development
- Telecommunications Companies
- Companies in the automotive sector
- Machine design companies and structures
- Companies in the Aerospace sector
- Medical equipment companies
- Environmental Directions of Sectoral Institutions
How can you work?
- Head of environmental department for productive companies: agricultural, aquaculture, energy, forestry, metalworking, mining, fishing, chemical, transport, road construction and hydrocarbon management, among others.
- Process engineer
- Project engineer in companies manufacturing sensors and electronic equipment
- Development and innovation engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Production process analyst
- Computer application programmer
- Model optimal production processes in free zones and companies where manufacturing prevails.
- Interpret and apply legislation and regulations, as well as the appropriation of management tools, tools and technologies to propose integral alternatives for the solution of problems.
- Coordinates and participates in teams and multidisciplinary projects to offer solutions, develop research and innovations for the field of sensors, devices and materials.
- Ensure effective communication in different contexts.
- Participates in learning activities and permanent updating to continue their professional development, through training in work and academic contexts, thus achieving to be at the forefront of technological and social changes.
- Understand the repercussions of the solutions and the practice of Engineering Sciences in the local and global context.
- It includes professional and ethical responsibility in social, labor and environmental contexts.
- It is involved in practice in a variety of branches, among which include: electrical systems, mechanical systems, development of materials, medicine, laws, and business.
- Research laboratories and manufacturing centers of high quality. Where it develops, designs, and / or uses new products, processes, materials, devices, systems, and / or tools.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTEC
- Its teaching system is quarterly which allows you to graduate in less time than in any other university in the Dominican Republic.
- Careers have a modular structure that allow students and teachers of different careers to work interdisciplinary projects.
- INTEC prepares you to become part of a professional world that is increasingly competitive and demanding. With the help of compromised lecturers committed to excellence and innovation in learning and teaching methodologies.
- You will discover new careers and approaches and apply your knowledge in more than 50 laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- You will learn to be more independent and develop your interests in different fields taking advantage of our offer of artistic, sports and cultural activities.
"INTEC / PSU: 2 + 2" starts from August of 2009, with the possibility of becoming part of program every August (1). Students admitted to the programs included in the "2 + 2" will have an automatic provisional admission in PSU. During their training cycle at INTEC, they will receive the necessary advice and follow-up to comply with the requirements demanded by this university. Upon successful completion of the first two years, they will automatically enter the chosen career. The academic title will be issued by Penn State University and the Technological Institute of Santo Domingo (INTEC)