Electrical Engineering (ELE)
You will be an entrepreneur with the capacity and attitude to advise, analyze, design, automate, solve, manage and create policies in matters of generation, supply and utilization of electric power. You will use your knowledge for the use, safely and diverse applications, of electric power efficiently and effectively.
Educational objectives of the program (PEO's)
- The graduate of the electrical engineering career must be able to contribute to the search for optimal solutions to problems in the field of electrical engineering through comprehensive knowledge of the different areas of knowledge, through effective communication before a variety of audiences.
- The graduate of the electrical engineering career must be able to perform creatively and innovatively in the different fields of electrical engineering, being able to carry out auditing, supervision, supply and demand studies, planning, regulation, control and automation within the electrical engineering environment.
- The graduate of the electrical engineering career must be able to design, build, operate and manage the different systems that make up the electricity supply system with high criteria of quality, sustainability, adherence to standards, taking care of the environment with high responsibility, And all this with the ethical values that characterize the training of future graduates.
- The graduate of the electrical engineering career must be able to continue their professional development through independent learning, participation in professional or postgraduate studies, thus being prepared for technological and social changes.
- Identifies, formulates and solves complex engineering problems by applying the principles of Engineering, Science and Mathematics.
- Apply the engineering design process to produce solutions that meet specific needs taking into consideration public health and safety, global, cultural, social, environmental, economic factors, as well as any other factors as appropriate to the discipline.
- It communicates effectively with a variety of audiences.
- It recognizes ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and makes informed judgments considering the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and social contexts.
- You function effectively as a member or leader of a team that sets goals, plans tasks, meets deadlines, and creates a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Develops and conducts appropriate experimentation, analyzing and interpreting data, as well as using engineering criteria to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge using appropriate learning strategies.
Why Electrical Engineering?
Where can you start?
WHAT CAN YOU WORK?
- Energy efficiency.
- Renewable energy.
- Electrical automation
- Electrical installations.
- Supervision of electrical systems.
- Electricity generation.
- Electrical designs and power systems.
- Refrigeration Systems.
- Ability to design, create and optimize maintenance programs.
- Energetic technical-economic feasibility studies.
- As a consultant and advisor on energy issues.
- Establishing norms and control processes that guarantee the efficient operation and safety of production and distribution systems.
The Electrical Engineering study program offers you the possibility of choosing one of our concentrations through the block of professional electives which are:
- Renewable energies and energy efficiency (Smart Grid, Energy Management, Renewable Energy Systems)
- Industrial facilities (Design of Electrical Installations, Automation and Advanced Controls, Maintenance Management)
- Management of the electrical industry (Operation and Optimization of Power Electric System, Regulation of Wholesale and Retail Electricity Markets, Distribution Systems and Rate Calculation)
- Power electrical systems (Electric Power Distribution, Protections of Power Electric Systems, Operation of Power Electric Systems)
- Among other
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTECAs a student of the INTEC you will have the support and accompaniment of a faculty with specialized studies from various universities in the world and in the main areas of your career, and with a great experience of accumulated work in the implementation of projects in national and international companies.
We have a modern equipment of the latest technology in matters of energy and electricity, where you can develop your theoretical knowledge, conditioned to perform the practices, as well as to develop assigned projects. In our laboratories you will obtain the knowledge of equipment handling such as:
- Thermal cameras
- Power analyzers
- Phase identifier and motor rotation
- Circuit identifier
- Grounding system meters
- Temperature meters
- Frequency inverters
- Software for calculations, electrical designs and power transmission
- Sensors for automatic controls