Bachelor of Psychology (PSI)
He is a professional committed to an exercise focused on human and social development, with an ethical, critical, multi and interdisciplinary perspective. It shows capacity for research and understanding of cognitive, affective, behavioral and interpersonal processes, both in the individual and group modalities. The psychologist with respect to their areas of development has several functions, the main ones are: Evaluation or diagnosis, intervention and prevention of human phenomena in the various contexts in which it develops.
Where can you start?
They can also work in hospitals, clinics and private practices, as psychotherapists or as evaluators for both clinical and vocational areas. In turn, he can perform at school to prepare methods and applications focused on learning and training. Or, on the other hand, to work in the same educational center attending to the development aspects and / or difficulties in the process of schooling of children and adolescents
WHAT CAN YOU WORK?
- Clinical psychology, individual
- Clinical psychology, child and adolescent
- Couple psychology
- Family psychology
- Group psychotherapy
- Educational psychology
- school psychology
- Organizational psychology
- Psychometrics, application of psychological tests
- Social psychology
- Community psychology
- Prevents, detects and intervenes the main social problems that affect the coexistence and life of the human being, such as violence against women, child abuse, social violence, social conflicts, disaster management, depression, drug addiction, dysfunction sexual, among others.
- It shows a base in clinical training for the prevention, detection and intervention of psychological problems that affect the quality of life of the human being.
- He is able to anticipate problematic situations in his field and act accordingly.
- It assumes processes of improvement in the quality of life of individuals and groups in different contexts.
- Promotes functional patterns of behavior in girls, boys, youth, adults and the elderly.
- It accompanies learning-teaching processes that affect the development of capacities and the best use of the actors involved.
- Intervenes in the process of individual and group growth in different contexts of human activity.
- It investigates and promotes the development of Psychology as a scientific discipline, from a transdisciplinary perspective.
- Clinical psychology, allows to perform both in the area of prevention and intervention in mental health, as well as in the accompaniment of personal and group development processes that could generate dysfunctions in cognition, in affectivity and in the behavior of individuals or groups.
- Social and organizational psychology, empowers to devote to the design, development and evaluation of social projects; to group management or to general human management, in the context of human organizations.
- Human development and education, provides tools to offer counseling and personal, family and institutional socio-psychopedagogical accompaniment, through the use of strategies that facilitate the educational process from a psychosocial perspective.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTECThe professional graduated from the Psychology Department of INTEC will develop the competences required to study and accompany cognitive, affective and behavioral processes of the human being, with a transdisciplinary perspective, focused on the personal and collective well-being of individuals; attached to the values of Excellence, Scientific Rigor, Social Responsibility, Solidarity, Continuous Innovation, Integrity and Respect for Diversity. Our study program prepares the student to be a professional of excellence with the guarantee of being sued in the productive sector and public and private entities.