Bachelor in psychology
He is a professional committed to an exercise focused on human and social development, with an ethical, critical, multi and interdisciplinary perspective. It shows capacity for research and understanding of cognitive, affective, behavioral and interpersonal processes, both in the individual and group modalities. The psychologist with respect to their areas of development has several functions, the main ones are: Evaluation or diagnosis, intervention and prevention of human phenomena in the various contexts in which it develops.
Why study an internationally accredited career?
In addition, because foreign universities, international organizations and employers favor professionals who graduate from internationally accredited schools in their selection processes, since this seal certifies the quality training of our students and the social impact of our graduates.
How does international accreditation benefit me?
During the degree, you will study with an academic program, services, equipment and laboratories that have been certified as being of the highest quality according to international standards, while your teachers will remain in a constant process of updating and improvement. Similarly, you can opt for academic exchanges with other accredited institutions, benefit from the enriching visit of international teachers, participate in joint research, among many other ways of internationalization.
Upon graduation, you will be able to apply to specialized psychological training programs in destinations such as the United States, Canada, and several countries in Europe and Latin America, which require international accreditation of your undergraduate training as a requirement.
Where can you start?
They can also work in hospitals, clinics and private practices, as psychotherapists or as evaluators for both clinical and vocational areas. In turn, he can perform at school to prepare methods and applications focused on learning and training. Or, on the other hand, to work in the same educational center attending to the development aspects and / or difficulties in the process of schooling of children and adolescents
- Clinical psychology is the field that encompasses "research, teaching and services related to the applications of principles, methods and procedures for the understanding, prediction and relief of intellectual, biological, psychological, social and behavioral maladjustment, disability and discomfort, applied to a wide range of patients. "
- It allows to perform both in the level of prevention and intervention in mental health, as well as in the accompaniment of personal and group development processes that could generate dysfunctions in cognition, affectivity and behavior of individuals or groups.
- It provides an environment for research, teaching or practice in educational settings of all levels and is related to theory, methodology and applications to a wide spectrum of teaching, training and learning problems. It is made up of professional psychologists focused on the development of children, their families and the schooling process.
- It provides tools to offer counseling and personal, family and institutional socio-psychopedagogical support, through the use of strategies that facilitate the educational process from a psychosocial perspective.
- Study the behavior of people in the world of work and organizations. It is an applied science that examines human behavior both at the individual level and at the group and organizational level. It allows to describe, explain and predict human behaviors developed in collective environments. Likewise, it allows the development of interventions and strategies to solve specific or global problems of an organization. This applied science is used to improve work performance and productivity, examining the functioning of the organization and detecting the areas to intervene. Organizational psychology is used to increase and enhance the personal development of workers and improve their quality of life in the workplace.
- It empowers to dedicate itself to the design, development and evaluation of social projects; to group management or general human management, in the context of human organizations.
How can you work?
- Clinical psychology, individual
- Clinical psychology, child and adolescent
- Couple psychology
- Family psychology
- Group psychotherapy
- Educational psychology
- school psychology
- Organizational psychology
- Psychometrics, application of psychological tests
- Social psychology
- Community psychology
- Prevents, detects and intervenes the main social problems that affect the coexistence and life of the human being, such as violence against women, child abuse, social violence, social conflicts, disaster management, depression, drug addiction, dysfunction sexual, among others.
- It shows a base in clinical training for the prevention, detection and intervention of psychological problems that affect the quality of life of the human being.
- He is able to anticipate problematic situations in his field and act accordingly.
- It assumes processes of improvement in the quality of life of individuals and groups in different contexts.
- Promotes functional patterns of behavior in girls, boys, youth, adults and the elderly.
- It accompanies learning-teaching processes that affect the development of capacities and the best use of the actors involved.
- Intervenes in the process of individual and group growth in different contexts of human activity.
- It investigates and promotes the development of Psychology as a scientific discipline, from a transdisciplinary perspective.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING AT INTECThe professional graduated from INTEC's Psychology Career, internationally accredited by the National Council for Teaching and Research in Psychology (CNEIP), will develop the competencies required to study and assist in cognitive, affective and behavioral processes of the human being, with a transdisciplinary perspective, focused on the personal and collective well-being of individuals; attached to the values of Excellence, Scientific Rigor, Social Responsibility, Solidarity, Continuous Innovation, Integrity and Respect for Diversity.
Our study program prepares the student to be a professional of excellence with the guarantee of being in demand in the productive sector and public and private entities. The international accreditation obtained by the career certifies this quality training and opens the doors for its graduates to have a successful professional life in the country and abroad.