Specialization in Applied Mathematics
- The Specialty and Master's program in Applied Mathematics is a novel proposal that aims to complement the solid mathematical training with the use of computational tools, a scarce and valuable factor of competitiveness in a world increasingly dependent on scientific and technological development.
- It is also a flexible program, which offers elective subjects so that the student can choose between different areas of orientation such as are Computational Finance, Optimization and Control, Operations Research, and Modeling and Simulation of Environmental Processes, which allows a greater capacity for communication with professionals from other disciplines and therefore, with broad perspectives of professional development.
Admission process in 5 steps:
- Complete the online admission form through the following link admisiones.intec.edu.do
- Deposit the required documents in the Admissions Unit; Then make the payment of the application for admission and the PAEP test.
- Deposit the payment receipt of the PAEP test in the Assessment and Testing Unit.
- Attend the preparation workshop to take the PAEP.
- Take the PAEP test.
Admission requirements for the Specialty and Master's programs:
- Certification and copy of university degree legalized by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology MESCyT. If you are waiting for the document, you can bring a copy of your title plus the copy of the certification request receipt.
- Certification and record of original university notes legalized by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology MESCyT. If you are waiting for the document, you can bring a copy of the record of notes, the copy of the certification request receipt.
- Photocopy of the identity card of both sides.
- Curriculum vitae updated and in Spanish.
- Medical certificate for academic purposes with the name as it is on the identity card.
- Two front photos, passport type.
- Original birth certificate, certified and legalized.
- A letter of academic recommendation issued by the university of origin or a letter of recommendation for work, in both cases must be on a stamped sheet and stamped by the issuing institution (only applies to those who apply for admission to master's degrees).
- Essay with motivations to enter the program, minimum 1 page (only applies to those who request admission to master's degrees).
- The minimum required index for the Specialty and Master's applications is 2.00 points on a scale of 4.00 or 70 points on the scale of 100 in the degree title.
- The minimum index required for doctorates is 3.00 points on a scale of 4.00 or 80 on the scale of 100 in the master's degree.
- Those interested with Specialty or Master's degree are exempt from the PAEP admission test, they must present their original title in the Admissions Unit to make a simple copy.
- If necessary, an interview with the candidate and the Program Coordinator will be requested.
Postgraduate Promotion Unit:
Phone: 809-567-9271 - Ext 369
María Penkova CoordinatorDo you want more information?
Phone: 809-567-9271 - Ext 403