What is the POMA test?
The Orientation and Academic Measurement Test, better known by its acronym POMA, is an academic proficiency test designed to assess your academic intelligence, understood as the ability you have to apply your mental processes to a set of academic content.
The 139-01 Law, in its article 59, establishes the POMA as an initial diagnostic test of orientation and measurement, prior to entering higher education, which is mandatory for all those who want to enter higher education. This test evaluates the following contents:
- CV: Verbal concepts or words
- CM: Mathematical or numerical concepts
- CE: Perceptual structures or figures
- CN: Natural Science Concepts
- CS: Social Science Concepts
- CC: Assessment of Human Behaviors
After receiving your admission email, pay at the Registration Box.
- Make the payment of $ 1,100 Dominican students or US $ 35 foreign students
- Registration Box of the Ercilia Pepín Building: Hours: Monday through Friday from 8: 00 am to 8: 00 pm and Saturdays from 8: 00 am to 1: 00 pm
- Box located in the Los Fundadores Building: Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8: 00 am to 5: 00 pm
Download the Study Guide and Register.
- Go through the Evaluation and Testing Unit of the Student Services Department, Edif. Ercilia Pepín first floor in Admissions, Monday through Friday from 9: 00 am to 8: 00 pm
- Deliver copy of receipt of payment to confirm registration.
- Verify that they give you a ticket with the date and time of the test.
- Read and practice the exercises in the guide. You can not use calculator.
Resource of Interest:
- Any identity document with photo and name (ID, passport, school card, insurance, license), anyone with a recent photo. If not, you will have to take the following test and the payment made would be saved, having to register for the test again.
- Coat, the cold could be a distracting.
- Clock that does not sound.
- Stationery such as pencils, erasers or pencil sharpeners, that will be provided in the classroom.
- Mobile phone. If you were to bring it, it must remain off and stored throughout the evaluation process. If it vibrates or the alarm clock makes a sound, your test will be canceled.
- Dictionaries, calculators, iPod, no electronic device.
For more information:
Phone: 809-567-9271 Exts. 368, 267 and 686.